geo is still having a problem:
Yes, I read it multiple times. It talks about defining and starting the
observer and even stopping it but, not how to restart it properly.
However, I think I got it with your last message of never starting the
observation in the handler. Sooooo would the following code be "legal"
as far as restarting the observer. Below should be a complete program.

regionX = Region(261,453,813,26) #for event handling purposes
regionY =Region(562,532,251,144)  #some button

#Set the observations
regionX.onChange(FOREVER, handler)

def handler(evt):
    evt.stopObserver()  #stops regionX event???
    print("in event handler")

while(True):
    regionX.observe(FOREVER, background=True)  #<--  Is This OK here???? it
should return false if event already exist

    if regionY.exists("1481068803504.png"):
        print("found the button")

is an answer contact for Sikuli.