Description changed to:
*********** please comment in related bug

I recently updated my system to Linux Mint 18.2 with Cinnamon and I'm currently
using Sikuli 1.1.2 Nightly Build 2017-06-04.
(previously I was using Linux Mint 17.3 with that same version of Sikuli)

The image capture stopped working with a strange behavior. When I try to
capture an image using the IDE and the screen darkens, the borders of
the windows are displaced and disfigured, sometime the entire window is
displaced a little lower than the original position, the internal
content of the screen remains fine. Seems the borders loose the content
and try to show what is behind it. It doesn't matter if I use the Intel
or Nvidia GPUs or even a software rendered session, the same thing
happens.

It doesn't seem to be a problem only with the image capture, the scripts
that was already working doesn't work anymore when the images includes
window borders, Sikuli doesn't recognize the borders of the windows in
the screen its working on when trying to find images already saved that
include borders.

These images was used mainly to recognize the window titles when it
appears.

is an answer contact for Sikuli.