Question #665352 on Sikuli changed:

RaiMan proposed the following answer:
ok, thanks for clarification.
I just started to test and found out, that the first sequence does not make
problems.

In the second (changed to your own close() method) I guess, that the
problem is, that the App object now is left in a state, where it thinks
it is still running, but is not, since it is closed somewhere else.

Maybe it helps, if you put an
timeslip.close()
to the end of your function TSAppClose().
Should not do any harm, but might reset the state, so it opens again afterwards.

[error] App.open failed: C:\tssmoketest\2019\timeslip.exe not found
this message might be misleading, since I guess it is simply wrong and a result
of the undefined state of the app object.

Nevertheless I will check, wether the implementation does not say on
reopen: the app was not closed, but is not running anymore - it will now
be reset and reopened.

is an answer contact for Sikuli.