RaiMan posted a new comment:
Every information you contribute is always welcome.

I have changed the question a little bit so it is more generic.

You might add comments here for questions and needed enhancements in
SikuliX.

Tipps and tricks should be added to the question itself (see my
example).

Feel free, to do it as you like - if I have any improvements I will
tell.

--- highlight and built-in image-capturing mechanism might also fail
... I guess you are talking about the interactive capture feature
(Screen.userCapture() and Screen.selectRegion())

the problem here might be again some threading issue (or even Java EventQueue).
Both features internally work with a screen overlay frame, that has handlers
attached for keyboard/mouse actions.
This can only be evaluated with extensive debugging with the source code.

Since I am not sure about the overall value of node-java, I did not step
into it until now.

is an answer contact for Sikuli.