Christoph Fetzer posted a new comment:
Thank you very much for your investigations!

Some experiences from me:

For me it seems, I accidentally used my machine under test using the
virtual box GUI instead of the vnc interface. As I am consequently using
client.blabla hardly anything is working.

My script:
client = vncStart(ip="192.168.56.102", port=5900 )
wait( 1 )

client.type( "r", Key.WIN )
client.capture().saveInBundle("1.png")

client.keyDown( Key.WIN )
client.keyUp()

wait( 10 )
client.capture().saveInBundle("2.png")

client.wait("Ausfuehren.png",10)
client.capture().saveInBundle("3.png")

Capture 1 shows only the clean desktop (OK, I should wait but there really
happens nothing).
Capture 2 shows an incomplete Start menu that doesn't contain what I'd like to
search for in the next step (is there a way to give you the file?).
In the virtual box GUI I see a complete Start menu.
When I remove the client. before the wait(), everything s working but not the
intended way. (it's supposed to run on a jenkins controlling virtual test
machines on vSphere).

By the way I updated to 1.1.4 in the meantime.

A - surprise! With that typing paths suddenly works.

is an answer contact for Sikuli.