@Lee
does not make sense, to add asking comments to ancient bugs.
No problem if you create new questions/bugs - I will manage.

Your problem:
This usually means, that on the system somehow the typing (done with Java AWT
Robot) is blocked by some rules.

Try to run the stuff from an admin command line.

If it persists: create a question first with exact info about the system
environment.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Sikuli
Drivers, which is subscribed to Sikuli.

Title:
  [1.0.1] WinXP: type() not working at all

Status in Sikuli:
  New

Bug description:
  I have just installed Sikuli on the 5th system in our company.  We are
  using it to automate some tasks that have to be done every day exactly
  the same way and are easily enough scripted with Sikuli.

  It is on this 5th and final system that I ran into trouble.  There is
  nothing that I can tell which is different on this system than any
  other that I have installed it on previously.  Windows XP 32 bit
  operating system.  Java 7 installed, Python 2.74 installed, and Sikuli
  1.0.1.

  So now, on this one, the type() function does not seem to work at all.
  Any of the other visual functions seem to work perfectly.  It is just
  this type() function I am having trouble with.   The log in the IDE
  shows that the command was sent (example: [log]TYPE "www.google.com".
  Can anyone shed any light on this problem?  I will be happy to provide
  any additional information that is requested.  Thanks in advance.