** Changed in: sikuli
    Milestone: 1.1.4 => 2.1.0

** Summary changed:

- [1.1.4] VNC:  some key commands not working in Windows guests
+ VNC:  some key commands not working in Windows guests

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Sikuli
Drivers, which is subscribed to Sikuli.

Title:
  VNC:  some key commands not working in Windows guests

Status in Sikuli:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  Hi!

  I am currently developing some software tests using virtual Windows 7
  and 10 guests in VirtualBox. My VNC-Server on the guests is TigerVNC.

  I am discovering some keystrokes on the machines not working properly.

  On Windows 10 my problems are:
  the code:
  client = vncStart(ip="192.168.56.100", port=5900, password="vnc"  )
  wait( 1 )
  client.type( "r", Key.WIN )

  nothing happens.
  Instead this is working:

  client.keyDown( Key.WIN )
  client.type( "r" )
  client.keyUp()

  when I do this sequence:

  client.keyDown( Key.WIN )
  client.keyUp()

  wait(1)

  client.type( "cmd.exe" )
  client.type( Key.ENTER )

  wait(1)

  client.type( "cd \\" )
  client.type( Key.ENTER )
  wait(1)

  I am missing all the ENTER-keys

  The combination
  client.type( "cmd.exe" + Key.ENTER )
  isn't working as well.

  With the Windows 7 client,
  I have the following:

  client = vncStart(ip="192.168.56.101", port=5900, password="vnc"  )
  wait( 1 )

  client.type( "r", Key.WIN )

  -> nothing happens

  client.keyDown( Key.WIN )
  client.type( "r", Key.WIN )
  client.keyUp()

  -> works

  In this code snippet RETURN-keys are working:

  client.type( "cmd.exe" )
  client.type( Key.ENTER )

  wait(1)

  client.type( "cd \\" )
  client.type( Key.ENTER )
  wait(1)

  I am aware that I need to implement something like a handshake, a combination
of
  type(...)
  and
  wait(...)
  for a screenshot but with the waits I have another issue I am asking for in
another question.

  Best regards,
  Christoph