Description changed to:
I have some images that are of different size than the ones on screen, so I
made a script to find which resize and similarity parameters best ressemble
what its displayed.
What I got is that the script gets a match on every size and similiarity value,
however the Pattern preview pane on the IDE works as intended and matches with
similarity values of 0.88 and less (though it doesn't seem to use the resize
value).
It's not clear to me if I'm doing something wrong so I leave the short script
here so you can look at it and find if there is any way to make it work with
SikuliX.
Ninja edit: I'm using SikuliX 2.04 IDE on a VM with Win 7 Pro 64bits
***
import csv

raw = []
laps = 5
relevant_area = Region(150,585,55,55)
fieldnames = ['SIZE', 'PRECISION', 'AVG_SCORE', 'COUNT']
with open('O:\\best_pattern_modifiers_output.csv', mode='wb') as csv_file:
    output_writer = csv.writer(csv_file, dialect='excel', delimiter=';')
    output_writer.writerow(fieldnames)
    for precision in range(51, 101):
        for size in range(50,101, 10):
            for lap in range(laps):
                found_match =
relevant_area.exists(Pattern("icon_selection_small_left_t_s.png").resize(round(size
 / 100, 1)).similar(precision / 100).mask(), 0)
                if found_match:
                    raw.append(found_match.getScore())
            n = len(raw)
            if n >= (int(round(laps / 2)) + 1):
                avg = round(sum(raw) / n, 2)
                output_writer.writerow((size, precision, avg, n))
            raw = []

is an answer contact for Sikuli.