From: silicon-beach-australia@googlegroups.com
[mailto:silicon-beach-australia@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Saurabh Kulkarni
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2018 12:33 AM
To: silicon-beach-australia@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [SiliconBeach] thoughts on App only launches

Hey Dean,

The concept of "App only" launches has gained pace in the last year or two.
Given that people are very well connected with mobile technology and internet.
What I feel about this is it must have become an effective way of collecting
data and trends in a short time which kind of bypasses the trust factor. We can
anytime restrict the data that we share with an application (I use Android) but
not everyone knows how to do that. (Eg: My parents, they don't care about the
information the app will have access to if they press allow while installing an
App from the PlayStore.) So, easy data!

"App only" brand would have to spend more to build trust with its customers. So
overall, What I feel is everyone wants fast results to sustain the changing
markets! On the other hand App + website would cost less to build trust with
its customers and the results can take more time.

This is my viewpoint. Correct me if I am wrong!

Thanks,
Saurabh Kulkarni
wpauror.com<http://wpauror.com>

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 9:05 PM, Dean Collins