From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of sriram balasubramaniam
Sent: 02 August 2007 15:43
To: silklist@lists.hserus.net
Subject: [silk] Organizing a conference like TED in India

I'm a huge fan of the TED conferences. (www.ted.com)
I've been thinking of an event similar to TED that could be held in India. I contacted Udhay about this, since a guy who collects people is probably the
most suited for this endeavor. Here are some thoughts:

The conference lasts for 3 days
All the Silksters meet in India.
We invite 20 to 30 speakers from our networks
Focus on folks from technology, life sciences, arts, music...
Gives speakers and silksters to interact and discuss issues of interest
Open only to silksters
Sponsors fund the event, and pony up $$$ for speaker travel and stay

In other words, a closed conference for Silksters. We could think of an invite-only list too, like TED, and charge a nominal fee to cover costs.
Udhay felt that this could be a good addition to FOU camp.
Thoughts?

Sriram