So I received my bill from Vodafone and I usually don't check my bill
but for reasons still unknown, I did.

They have charged me INR 100/min for a call to a +1 649 number on one
day and INR 6.40/min for all subsequent calls to that number. So I
called them and they told me, inorder:

1. That it was a billing error and they would credit said amount to my account.
2. That it was not a billing error and calls to +1 649 were INR 100/min.
3. That there was a system configuration error since Dec '07 that had
incorrectly charged INR 100/min as against the usual charges of INR
6.40/min.
4. When I pointed out that in Jan '08 I had made calls to said number
that were charged at INR 6.40/min they said that the problem was only
in Feb and the 1st day of March. Yeah. Right. I believe you.
5. Then they said that they had rectified the error.
6. I asked if they would be pro-actively checking records and
crediting overcharges to customers who have not noticed and/or
complained, they said no.
7. WTF?

Do they have no liability in this regard? Or does a customer have to complain?

It's near impossible to catch them if they charge you INR 0.50/min
extra on the third minute of every call. If the system works on trust,
I need a way to tie my camel too.

Cheers!

-Gautam




-- 
Please read our new blog at:
http://blog.prathambooks.org/

Join our Facebook Page too:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pratham-Books/9307274926

Reply via email to