On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 8:14 PM, Madhu Kurup <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  I think you meant this link:
>
>  http://www.livemint.com/2008/04/05001858/Wanted-Exceptional-parents.html
>
>  Amusing indeed. Folks here have equivalent stories from Bangalore?

I have a one year old. Definitely not amusing. I'm hearing similar
stories in Bangalore.

I'm still trying to figure out what kind of school to send Ben to. On
one side, I'm hearing stories of rote learning and exam drills for 3
year olds in traditional schools. On the other, I'm worried about the
influence of the children of the nouveau-riche in the non-traditional
schools. A friend took his daughter went for a Pirates of the
Caribbean themed birthday party at Angsana for a 7 year old the other
day for example. His estimate was that about a lakh/lakh and a half
was spent on it. As he was leaving, his daughter asked for a similar
party for her next birthday.

-- b

Reply via email to