A snippet from a mail received from Simon Singh [1], whom some of the folks here will remember [2].

I suspect these sorts of skirmishes will become both more common and more virulent in the short term as BigOil tries to squeeze the last vestiges of profit out of the machine.

Udhay

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Singh