On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 11:39 AM, Srini Ramakrishnan wrote:
> If I understood Ashok's question right, he is looking for Governments
>  that have contributed back to Open Source, not just borrowed from it.

Exactly...thats what i am looking for.

>  There may be a few examples, however I don't know of any significant
>  effort in this direction. Perhaps it's because Governments in general
>  are used to taking rather than giving. There really isn't a culture of
>  feeling accountable for what's been taken, whether it's my taxes or
>  Open Source software.
>
>  I'd be interested in knowing why you are on this quest.

The organization i work for is involved in providing a suite of open
source applications
for parliaments.  At some point there is a requirement for the
government departments
to take ownership of these application, and customize it as they see,
and then make
avaliable such customizations for use by other parliaments.
I was hoping to find some similar examples, and use that as part of an
educational case
study for the parliaments.