> Why stop there? You can use Google Maps to find out how to reach your
> target. Ban it!
> You can use a a GPS receiver to accurately plot the location of a
> potential target and use it to fire a cruise missile at it. Ban that
> too!
> A tourist map has a lot of the same info as Google Maps. Burn 'em all
> and arrest the guys who printed it too!
> Ignoring the hyperbole above, the reality is that _everything_ can be
> used for negative purposes. We'd never innovate if we allow ourselves
> to be ruled by the present climate of fear.

Calm down Biju! Well I think you have read a bit too much in between the
lines. I don't think I ever mentioned banning it or was I trying to downplay
the obvious benefits of such a service. It was just that the article didn't
mention anything about the counter side of this service except for potential
privacy concerns. I just felt a balanced reporting approach should
constitute both sides of an issue. I also thought that it was relevant to
bring up since the article mentioned a service roll out plan for New York
city where people are especially sensitive about being terror targets. I was
surprised that this article didn't mention that as a concern at all. Hope I
have been clearer.

Yes, I couldn't agree more that giving in to fear or being thin-skinned to
criticism would serious curb innovation.
-R