On Monday 09 Nov 2009 12:43:35 pm Kiran K Karthikeyan wrote:
> So people pay for quality (perceived or not) and exclusivity. Whats new?

> It is a bit far fetched to think that you could sell any trash just by
> jacking up the price.

Not really true IMO. A lot of trash is dished out at high prices time and time
again. As has been discussed time and again on this list - the most glaring
example of high priced trash that has become the de facto standard is a
series of versions of Microsoft Windows. Coffee Day is another example.
People pay for trash when there is no other option or they think they are
getting something but don't figure it out until after they have parted with
the money.

Mind you - this statement says nothing about TED because I still don't know
what TED is supposed to be - other than what I stated in my earlier message.

shiv