On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Kiran K Karthikeyan
<kiran.karthike...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Just came across this article [1] which talks about the accelerating decline
> in the number of contributors. Whats interesting is the reason, that it is
> turning out to be a hostile environment due to the amount of debate
> required. Quite depressing, for me at least.

I'm kind of ambivalent about wikipedia itself, and the net editor loss
is making things worse. Some background in the discussion that starts
at [1].

One major exacerbating factor is that google, among others, weights
wikipedia results so heavily, which leads to situations where gaming
wikipedia's system can yield fantastic RoI in many different
dimensions. Evidence for this abounds, not offering more flamebait
right now. :)

Udhay

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/silklist@lists.hserus.net/msg08447.html