You can dry them and plant them. And for some of those - dunking a few small pieces at a time in buttermilk will be an interesting experience.

The acids in there leach out all the heat almost as well as alcohol does. Or pickle it in lime juice but buttermilk tastes more neutral.

Chill it - and do the whisky and soda treatment .. about half an inch of this stuff (or less) in a tall glass of chilled buttermilk

Venkat Mangudi [07/12/2009 9:14 PM]:
I have in my possession about 9 of those fiery chillies. Looking for
ways to preserve them. I know what you're thinking Udhay, but I do not
have a bottle of Vodka handy. :-)

Also, can I dry these and plant them in my garden? What are the chances
that they will yield more of these beauties?

--Chilly in December,
Venkat