On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 2:31 PM, Srini RamaKrishnan <che...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 2:12 PM, ss <cybers...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> How is one supposed to know what one can learn from any book before reading
>> it?  Perhaps a reader could learn what "ethically challenged" means?
>
> I assume one does not read Chanakya to read fine poetry; he is about
> statecraft and real politik, and I'm always curious when someone
> decides that's a good thing to learn.

Wrong assumption. I find people who just read fine poetry boring and
uninteresting. So, its bad to read Mein Kampf, on leaders who came to
power masterminding other's downfall, etc.? History is history. It has
good and bad things as with anything in this world. One has to grow up
reading diverse topics and eventually form his/her own moral values /
ethics in life.

Cheers!
Aanjhan