eh. founded by a guy called mudaliar, with a faux-scottish name to show that it
was one of the better class of establishments in the city, that would supply
anglo indians, brits, visiting royalty etc

no more english than that old favorite of sabha canteen connoiseurs,
mountbatten mani is (got himself that name after he once made idli vada or
whatever for lord mountbattens breakfast)

--srs (iPad)