From: Udhay Shankar N <ud...@pobox.com>
Sender: silklist-bounces+thewall=gmail....@lists.hserus.net
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 11:52:33
To: <silklist@lists.hserus.net>
Subject: [silk] Top-posting

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 11:47 AM,  <thew...@gmail.com> wrote:

> But why is top posting a problem? Its an archaic and arbitrary dictum that
> is largely meaningless today.

Groan. Not this again. There are very good reasons for NOT
top-posting, to do with the way humans process information, as well as
having the courtesy to not append enormous amounts of cognitive junk
to your postings.

I recognise that many mail clients and platforms almost force people
to top-post, which is why I don't usually make too much of a fuss.
However, it continues to be a rule of the list. Your breaking the rule
is being overlooked due to the fact that your mail client is poorly
designed, but that doesn't make it a virtue.

Udhay