On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 7:16 AM, Udhay Shankar N <ud...@pobox.com> wrote:

> Inspired by John Sundman's mail after a period of quiet time on the list:
>
> There are a couple of new members. Welcome, and feel free to jump out
> of lurkspace and introduce yourselves.
>
> Any other members who want to (re)introduce themselves are welcome to, too.
>
> Udhay
> --
> ((Udhay Shankar N)) ((udhay @ pobox.com)) ((www.digeratus.com))

*

*This is a good time to introduce myself though I have been a lurker on
this list for many many years.  http://in.linkedin.com/in/*deepakmisra*
What is very strange is I dont have any recollection of how I  found this
list or how the list found me. I guess some google search must have led me
here. The volume of mails can  be a bit overwhelming and I do quickly scan
through most mails and do give up after the 25th mail on a subject.

I have met very few people from this list face to face but have this long
plan of attending one of the meets.

My interests are P G Wodehouse , arm chair reading and TV viewing  on
traveling, reading about (different than experiencing) wildlife.

>From personal observation, the whole thread of a mail on this list changes
after about 10 mails so let me start it even before that on the subject of
kindle versus tab.

Which makes more sense ? kindle or tab. If tab largely for browsing from
the armchair and reading books is there a lot of difference between the sub
Rs. 10K  ones (Karbon, iball) and the grand daddies ? Any opinions>?

Deepak Misra