On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 12:37 PM, Kiran K Karthikeyan
<kiran.karthike...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps I've just met the wrong demographic among those who read self-help
> books, but most of those who have pushed such books at me were fairly
> successful - and I wasn't aware of any failure that prompted them to read
> such books.

I can't speak to your experience of course, but it's my experience
that everyone was a stumbling beginner once upon a time.

It might be impossible to believe that a good cook was ever a novice,
but maybe they just learned that they could use help pretty early. Of
course, some stubbornly learn only from burning their way through
every pan in the kitchen, but to each his own. There's nothing wrong
or shameful in turning to a recipe book as long as they follow
instructions properly.

Getting others to cook the meal is something else - good while it
lasts but ensures starvation when the cooks leave.