I dont see much of it referenced in the current debate. At least no rational economic statements as opposed to noisy activists with a distaste for big telecom.

Let me read through those papers before I comment further. Thanks for pointing me to them

On 15 March 2014 11:20:52 am Pranesh Prakash <the.solips...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 8:43 PM, Suresh Ramasubramanian
<sur...@hserus.net> wrote:
> The Crawford and Wu model of public utility doesn't provide any sensible basis for regulation that I can see, and the model has shifted significantly from the old sense of net neutrality which once related to CLECs and unbundling of services,

Suresh, you're completely ignoring the wealth of economic research
that has been done around the idea of essential facilities / public
utilities.  See, for instance, Suzanne Scotchmer's paper on this topic
last year, before she passed away unexpectedly earlier this year: