On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 10:56 PM, Heather Madrone <heat...@madrone.com> wrote:
> SS wrote:
>>

>> Surely US immigration policies should allow in 100,000 of the poorest,
>> illiterate low caste Indians every year so that they can taste freedom
>> and opportunity in the land of milk and honey?
>

> BWHAHAHAHAHA!
>
> Pull the other one. It's got bells on.

So you say Emma Lazarus' words must be remembered more in their spirit
than in action, eh?

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

The trouble with playing Big Daddy is Daddy has big shoes to fill.

I also don't think we need to go to any extreme length to find
evidence of any imperial power's hypocrisy, kingship is such, it turns
any well meaning nation into a hypocrite. Power corrupts.