On 01/01/15 02:47, Sharat Satyanarayana wrote:
> Happy new year everyone! May 2015 bring loads of love, happiness & success
> for all of you. Have fun!
>
> Here's 2015's first share:
> Following Elon Musk's & Dr. Stephen Hawking's ominous predictions on the
> presumed danger of AI/Singularity; another perspective.
>
> http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5853596?ir=India

I'm trying to remember which novel I read a section in where an
artificial intelligence (or uploaded human mind, I forget) is annoyed at
the stereotype, suggested by a flesh-and-blood person, that they might
wish to kill off all organic life by turning the entire solar system
into a shell of computronium; the AI retorts that they fret about humans
killing them all off by turning the entire solar system into chocolate...

ABS

--
Alaric Snell-Pym
http://www.snell-pym.org.uk/alaric/