I gifted someone a set of Heinlein novels, used.  Stupid of me, but I was young
and impressionable back then and thought they were great.  [Well, they are, if
you carefully blank your mind out to the weird and wonderful politics and enjoy
them for what they are]

Other than that, I usually gift people prints of paintings and such, not books.

--srs

On 06/12/16, 2:57 PM, "silklist on behalf of Udhay Shankar N"
<silklist-bounces+suresh=hserus....@lists.hserus.net on behalf of
ud...@pobox.com> wrote:

    Another book recommendation thread. This time, I am interested in the books
    that made enough of an impression that you gifted them to one or more
    people.

    Go!

    Udhay