My wife likewise umm.. convinces me to take the family to Shirdi once a year or
so.  And there’s the usual family deity thing as well, to somewhere like 80 km
from Udhay’s Karungulam.  [Karunkulam on google maps, thanks to a similarly
named town somewhere near Thanjavur being called Karungulam]

On 01/06/17, 11:56 AM, "silklist on behalf of Udhay Shankar N"
<silklist-bounces+suresh=hserus....@lists.hserus.net on behalf of
ud...@pobox.com> wrote:

    On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 11:58 AM, Samanth Subramanian <wordpsm...@gmail.com>
    wrote:

    > A friend in the US is working on a photo feature, and she's looking for
    > families in India (nuclear or joint) that go repeatedly to a particular
    > place as an act of pilgrimage -- that consider this a kind of family
    > vacation, almost.
    >
    > Would anyone know of any such families? Any contacts or leads would be
    > much appreciated.

    ​My mom used to chivvy us to go to a temple in Karungulam (near
    Tirunelveli) which is supposedly the home of a family deity. My wife has
    now taken this upon herself. I rarely go.

    Udhay​