On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 12:01 PM Udhay Shankar N <ud...@pobox.com> wrote:

> "I miss what I had in terms of the speed of memory access. If I needed
> a word or a fact it was already at my fingertips and now it’s like an
> arthritic and elderly gentleman has to sit up and go down many, many
> flights of stairs very slowly and go and rummage in dusty drawers.
> Eventually he will return four days later, normally at about 1.30 in
> the morning, and I will sit up and go, “Oh yes! ‘Crepuscular.’ That
> was the word I was looking for.”"

Doesn't Search solve this problem in many cases? Or is Gaiman bemoaning the
loss of the time delayed "Ah ha!" moment?

I find that I get older my memory is not as agile as it used to be. So
sometimes I find myself not saying something because I cannot recall the
exact term for it. I used to worry about the degradation in the retrieval
speed. But these days, I look at these opportunities as good exercise in
not replying with one's gut.

Thaths