Farthest Field: An Indian Story of the Second World War
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26530362-farthest-field

This is not a novel in the strictest form of the world as it is
non-fiction reminiscence by Raghu Karnad (the author) about his Parsi
family caught in the throes of world war II in India during the
British Colonial rule.

-- Vinayak

PS: I am using Goodreads to expand my reading (via friend recommendations).
If you are interested, you can add me at
https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/57521234-vinayak-hegde (or using
my name/email)