Given I've spent since the late 90s around large email services I
heartily endorse your prediction zero. Mainframes will be even longer lived.
Though, other than work, newsletters / bills and the occasional personal mail,
lists like lucretius are all that I use email for these days.  Person to person
mail has become incredibly rare for me over the years.
With all the big data and 360 insight direction the world is moving towards we
seem to have a bare choice of features, one orwellian and the other neo
luddite, rejecting all technology in favor of privacy.

        --srs

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 2:51 AM +0530, "Peter Griffin" <peter.grif...@gmail.com>
wrote:

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2018/12/27/35-years-ago-isaac-asimov-was-asked-by-the-star-to-predict-the-world-of-2019-here-is-what-he-wrote.html
lf we look into the world as it may be at the end of another generation,
let’s say 2019 — that’s 35 years from now, the same number of years since
1949 when George Orwell’s 1984 was first published — three considerations
must dominate our thoughts: 1. Nuclear war. 2. Computerization. 3. Space
utilization.

Experiment for this list.
Take a bash at this yourself. Let's give you a shorter horizon than The
Star gave Asimov: 28 years, which will be 99 years after Orwell wrote 1984,
and when India will have turned 101, and more importantly, this list will
have turned 50.

What are your predictions for 2048?

(Prediction 0 is, I guess, that email will still be around in 2048, and so
will this list, though I will almost certainly not be.)

All the very best for the new year and the next 28 years, y'all.

~peter