OK - so when you make eg biryani in a pressure cooker you layer basmati rice
soaked for an hour and marinated meat + veggies, and then pour some of that
milk + saffron mix over it for flavour.

The only water in the picture would be at the bottom of the cooker over which
you place the vessel with the rice / meat layers.  Sort of like a double boiler
and to increase the moist heat quotient.

I only turn the heat down a few seconds after the final whistle before I turn
the burner off.   I guess you can control temperature and pressure better with
these pot gadgets rather than with an old fashioned Prestige cooker?

On 28/02/19, 3:23 PM, "silklist on behalf of Huda Masood"
<silklist-bounces+suresh=hserus....@lists.hserus.net on behalf of
hudamas...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Layered ingredients according to moisture levels. No added water or a tiny
    amount of added water. Cooking on high heat for the entire duration.