13 years in international development work; 7 years, a homemaker followed
by 3.5 years in working as a Spanish-English literary translator. It is a
lesson in endurance and self-motivation and belief that I will be earning a
regular income at some point. The upside is that I choose the projects that
I work on. The downside is that I choose the projects I work on - there is
no guarantee of getting good projects lining up at one's doors. I belong to
a couple of Translator forums and have found that many are academics as
well. These forums have been worth every dollar for me because they discuss
content, contracts, curmudgeonly clients et al! And gained some colleagues
and friends as a result.

Radhika

--
*Translator/Owner*