Harry writes:
> I have heard that a biopsy will cause the cancer fluids (cells) to spread
> throughout the body.  Is this true?

List:
     This a good question.  Some cancer such as melanomas spread quickly
with tampering, others such as basal cell and most squamous,  don't.  It is
a judgement call.  If you are immunocompromised or if you lean to electing
a treatment that surpresses immunity, you might choose not to.  If
knowledge of type, grade, differentiation is going to inform your choice of
therapy, then you must.  If you have an alternative treatment in mind that
ignores these distinctions--including some of the quite effective cancer
diets--why bother?

> I also understand that a dark field microscopic examination of the blood
can
> determine if their are cancer cells in the blood.  Is this as reliable --
or
> more reliable -- than a biopsy?

     Darkfield can be helpful, but too many people are doing this with only
modest skills and so often they are trying to sell you something.  Biopsy
is as reliable as the pathologist who reads  it.

> Are their other methods that can give
> reliable determination of the presence of cancer cells in the body?

     Depending on what type of cancer you are looking for, tumor markers
(blood tests) can be very helpful.  AMAS and AMTL are good if you don't
know.  One of the simplest and best would be a delayed type
hypersensitivity reaction (skin test) to GalGalNAc.  It can routinely tell
you if you will be diagnosed with cancer during the next six years or so. I
don't think the insurance companies got wind of it yet!

Good luck!

Vincent Gammill