On Tue, 4 Aug 1998 07:42:49 -0400, Nancy B. wrote:
                        [snip]

=>
=>Another curiosity is that silver plating is done at very low
=>voltage over a long time.  I would think larger particles
=>are desired for that, maybe even that sludge like stuff.
=>
Actually, the lower the voltage the smoother the finish.  If the plating
voltage gets
too high then the finish tends to be 'grainy'.

=>The HVAC CS apparently has a longer shelf life too.  I would
=>guess this is because of the particles being very light
=>weight, and having lots of charge to keep them repelling
=>each other.
=>
=>I saw some my doctor got from one of his patients; it was
=>kept in a white bottle for weeks, and was colorless.
=>

So is my distilled water...

=>Sincerely,
=>Nancy B.