Bill, Bob,

 I have a hunch that the low pH is caused by electrolysis.  The high
 voltage is breaking the water into hydrogen and oxygen.  Then the
 dissolved hydrogen causes the pH to fall.  With an acid pH, the
 silver rods are rapidly dissolving, accounting for the high TDS.

 Sounds like the HVAC method may have some flaws, and the results
 may not be what you want....  Further research needed before
 using the product on people ???

 --Bill K.