THIS is GREAT INFO Bob Lees. I have had a reverse osmosis filter for
some years and must report that one has to change the filters regularly
and now I have a distiller and fill from my RO system. There is still
some calcium type deposit in the distiller after each session. This is
easily cleaned/soaked with cheap vinegar and water and a brush.

The RO system collects a clear slime in the rubber bladder which is
inside of the storeage container made of metal. This bladder must be
removed and flushed out with a detergent and rinsed very well.

At first when confronted with this slime build-up inside the RO bladder
- one is very surprised. The slime of course is a bacteria build-up
after the water has been thru the 5 stage filtering system. Imagine how
much bacteria build-up is in the filters??

I'm very pleased with my Rainmaker distiller made in the US with a 240
volt power supply, costing about $150 of your US dollars when converted
from our weakening Aussie dollar. Mine was expressly bought for the use
with my sintering of good quality silver colloids which I take in every
day at low ppm in my drinking water - and have been now for 12 months.

TAKE BACK YOUR POWER AND MAINTAIN AND PROMOTE YOUR own HEALTH – its all
you have when its really boiled down to the lowest common social
denominator.

THANKS for the suggestion of pouring off the first cupful or two which
may contain any fluids whose boiling point is lower than water, like
hydo carbons etc. I have not been doing this, although I was aware
(again read from the web, where one can glean all sorts of info - thank
God for the web) that sophisticated distillers have system of venting
these more volatile gasses.

HOW LONG CAN ONE EXPECT - he activated carbon filter at the collection
end be expected to last or maintain its de-ionisation quality?? I am
maintaining mine by boiling it ocassionally. IS THIS A GOOD IDEA AND
DOES IT DO THE FILTER ANY HARM.??

Take care when out THERE!

Douglas Haack, Sydney, Oz