To Doug,

   The thing is, Doug, most of us on this list are  "in the soup". We're
taking CS because we have a problemm and we want and need to get well. Our
interest is not academic. It's like an oppressed group of people, who can
make fun and laugh at themselves, but the "outsider" needs to tread more
cautiously.

   If your interest and desire to learn is sincere, and sincerely grounded
in wanting to know the truth and to assist others, you are most welcome here.

Vilik