Hi All,

I don't have the previous postings but the value of 1-2 milliamps/Sq In is a good place be when designing electrodes and current densities. Having said that, do be careful with the shape of the electrodes. Any discontinuities, such as the edges of a silver strip, are sure to draw more current than the surrounding metal and blow you current density calculations. Use a nice cylindrical (round wire) for best performance.

Arnold, are you related to Alvine Beland of AtlasNova fame? That's where we get our silver wire as do a lot of generator MFGs. Are you designing a new system?

Regards,

Fred

CWFugitt wrote:
Evening Arnold,

>> At 04:34 PM 5/1/2007, you wrote:

A figure of nine microamperes per square millimeter is lodged somewhere in my brain but I can't remember how we arrived at that. Has anyone kept a record of these postings?

Few of us have all the messages. I have many thousands. If you have a subject line, or a unique phrase, I can find them in short order.

And there are a few techies left.   But few of us have a micro amp meter.

I would hope you have milliamps and micro amps mixed up.

I could likely rig a micro amp measurement using some of my $100 digital panel meters if I thought it to be that important.

You can make excellent CS and never measure micro amps. Few people even measure milliamps.

How much are you measuring at the present?

Wayne