In a message dated 5/2/2007 8:10:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
miss...@prodigy.net.mx writes:

    Q: How do I clean the reservoir - and how often do I clean it?
A: The reservoir is very easy to clean for one very important reason - the
entire reservoir and the drinking tube is embedded with silver-ion; a compound
that works constantly to keep the system clean by effectively eliminating
99.99% of common bacteria and fungus. It doesn't purify the liquid - it
prevents
the bacteria from 'sticking' to the wall of the reservoir/drinking tube thus
making cleaning a snap. The silver-ion is FDA-Approved and EPA-Registered.

My wife has also acquired colloidal silver impregnated food storage
containers, sold by Sharper Image.  They also market silver socks for diabetics.

Don't know whether any of this is new to the list, but I'll catch up quickly.

......Its new to me and very interesting...thanks for sharing this info...V.