Hi Doris -

I guess you could consider me a healthworker, since I've been trained by Children's Hospital to take care of a kid with a tracheostomy and gastrostomy and have to keep things sterile.  I use store-bought 3% hydrogen peroxide to sterilize everything.  I would imagine CS/EIS would work, but you'd have to keep the instruments immersed in the CS for 6 minutes, since that's how long it took in laboratory testing to kill various germs with CS, from what I've read.  In my opinion though, probably peroxide (or alcohol?) would be best for metal instruments.

Hope this helps.

Jodi