Hi, Dan, What you say is what I fear. Just don't know how far to go with the plan I am working on with the surgeon. This morning I drank my citrucel before too quickly, turned 0ut it wasn't stirred up enough. It felt like it hadn't gone down for awhile. Then that feeling went away, I thought. Meantime I had called the emergency room in the clinic where I go. They assured me that it would go down. I ate my regular breakfast and lunch. Now at 3 p.m. I ate some freshly steamed sweet potato. That doesn''t seem to have gone down. I think I will call Dr. Nemer's office in the city again to report. I am taking Milk of Magnesia to force the bowel to move, but think it isn't working very well. Ruth

From Ruth Strackbein

From: Dan Nave <na...@comcast.net>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Re: silver-digest Digest V2007 #293
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 22:17:10 -0500

One absolutely should not take bulking agents like psyllium and especially psyllium with bentonite if they are not moving their bowels.

This is why it is important to take the much recommended Dr. Schulze laxative Formula # 1 which will force the bowel to contract as it moves along it, therefore causing the bowel to move. Otherwise you will just get impaction of the bowels. Once the bowels are moving, you keep using the laxative Formula #1 and start taking some of the bulking/cleansing Formula #2 which is like psyllium and bentonite with additional soothing, healing and cleansing agents. This will also slow the action of the Formula #1 so that if it caused diarrhea it can be slowed down and you should be able to reach an equilibrium you can live with.

The Formula #1 is like taking your intestines to the gym and working them out so that they have strong muscles again. It forces the muscles of the intestines to contract as it moves along inside them. If you have some cramping, so what? Those muscles have work they need to do and they are so weak that they don't like the workout.

Dr. Schulze recommends, even insists, that for the serious period of cleansing/healing that the patients go on a diet which entirely animal free, "nothing that ever touched an animal"... He recommends an initial juice diet, mostly carrot juice with some "Superfood" (dried, powdered green foods that you can buy from his site as well), things that can be digested very quickly as they move through the digestive system. The reason for the animal-less diet has to do with thinning out the blood so that it can get where it needs to for healing, since healing can only happen when the blood and fluids bring nutrients to the area and take away the waste products.

Even if you have diarrhea for a period of time this would be OK since you will be able to get nutrition from the fast digesting diet.

I hope you will consider this closely. Of course, research it to your satisfaction and make your own decision since you are the one who has to live with it. Just don't reject it out of hand...

Dan

PS If you must have surgery, why don't they just remove the constricting "hourglass" section of the colon, not the whole thing?...

ruth strackbein wrote:
HI, Gail, I am quite sure that Homozon is good stuff. however what is good for most people or even many people, is not necessaily good for me. My chiropractor said that he had never had a patient who did not respond positively to takeing bentonite clay with psyllium until I came along. I took it for 4 months without a solution to my problems. He has been in business in this area for many years. My older two sons want me to try it. And eventually, I may do that. Thanks, Ruth

From Ruth Strackbein