Evening Jeanine,

>>At 01:53 PM 7/4/2007, you wrote:
Okay Gang - got to jump in on this one guys...
   A classic message, right out of the book.  Not sure which book.

Have you ever heard of a firing squad for doctors? You want to be on the team ?

>> I refuse of course. I start back on a strict regimen of lecithin and red yeast rice..

I purchased some red rice yeast several years ago. I realized I did not even need it.

I had a friend in Lawrenceville, GA. Young, strong, walked 25 miles per week and could bench press 300 pounds.

He went to a doctor ( a friend ) and his cholesterol was high.
The doctor prescribed something. He did not take it. He took the material I sent him instead. Cholesterol came down 100 points in one month. He went back to the doctor, but did not tell him what he did. I realize that was not totally fair. Maybe he knew him well enough he did not want to get into a sparring match.

>> Now - I may have a case for fraud here. You see this doctor (the first doctor) had told me at one time that he was really good friends with a pharmaceutical supply / salesman.

They are guilty every day.

One more little story. Years back I got my boss on the nutrition bandwagon. Later our secretary had a thyroid problem.

She started talking the same vitamins we used. Nothing special.
Next time she had blood work done, the doctor called and said,
"The lab messed up your blood work, we have to do it again".

Second time, same thing, "Normal thyroid".

He said he had never seen an abnormal thyroid return to normal.
This meant of course he had never cured a single patient, and did not intend to do so.

He did ask what she had been doing, she told him, and he said he would recommend it to other people. I doubt that he did, it would have been against the law. The AMA law, and he could be fined and loose his license.

All this proves the world is not what we thing, but the Medical Profession is exactly what we think it is. ( some of us anyway )

Wayne