There is an old story about a Boy Scout who cut  an Oleander branch to roast
his hotdog
on and it killed him.....very toxic stuff...

On 7/6/07, Jonathan B. Britten <jbrit...@cc.nakamura-u.ac.jp> wrote:

I have information from an expert herbalist that a low-cost --
virtually free -- home-brew concoction made from the leaves of a very
toxic plant has powerful anti-cancer properties very similar to the
famous Cansema Tonic III.    The poisonous plant is Oleander, which
goes by various other names.

Wikipedia has a good page on Oleander, and if one Google's "Oleander
Soup" some  home-brew recipes can be found.   Reportedly these yield a
decoction identical in effect to a patented drug that made it through
stage one trials with the FDA, and evidently went no further.

As always, proceed with caution and at your own risk.   By the way, the
toxic aspects of this plant sound very similar to an unrelated American
wild plant known as "mountain laurel."  Boy scouts and other campers
learn not to burn it, as even the smoke is highly toxic.   I was once
told that Native Americans bent on suicide might turn to mountain
laurel.

I never did find a recipe for a home-brew cansema,  but the information
I got may prove more useful, as I was aiming at providing information
to persons without many financial resources.    Oleander soup is
unbeatable on that basis, except for Graviola, which also grows widely
in SE Asia.

I am tracking the reported slow recovery of a doctor-diagnosed stage
four cancer patient who is drinking graviola tea -- leaves and twigs --
on a daily basis, and has quickly given up daily morphine use for pain.
   Sounds like progress to me, God willing.

Had it not been for the cansema search, I doubt I'd ever have heard of
Oleander, despite having open ears.   Spread the word (with CAVEATS IN
LARGE TYPE.)