Hi, Simon, I went there looking for information on a reliable way to figure out the heavy metal concentration, and found nothing on it, only that they believe that current methods will not tell the whole picture. That is what I understood from the medical standpoint years ago. There are some things that can be learned from a hair test (past month or so) or a blood test (today), but hard to say about what is stored in the body elsewhere. This is my understanding.

It seems to me that whenever anyone suspects neurological damage or toxin, mercury is one that first comes to mind; however, the mold toxins may form a more vast and unrecognised neurotoxin exposure that probably will not respond to chelation.

Most people I know that are definitely suffering from exposure to toxic mold will deny it vehemently, and many will die from it before they have any idea what is going on. It is due to precisely the neurotoxic nature of the beast that it causes mental changes in those that are affected- as do many neurotoxic elements, not just heavy metals, also biotoxins. A mental rigidity is very common, as are anxiety, depression, and anger. These have been shown to be repeatably demonstrated on exposure to the offending substances by the pioneering work of Dr Doris Rapp, allergist, now of Scottsdale, AZ. I saw some of her work on that aspect of "allergy" in the early 90's. She is now concentrating her work on removing toxins from the children's school and home environments, and publicising that. She recognised ealry on that ADHD can be a response to the environment- which underscores the neurological component of toxicity. What was unknown at the time is that mold does cause these symptoms and more.

That is one of the things I like about shoemaker- he has found a simple non invasive test that will indicate biotoxic expsoure- I am unsure if there he has found a way to separate the heavy metal toxicity from the biotoxicity- perhaps from heavy metal testing and a trial of his adsorbsion therapy, I don't know.