I was able to get hold of 500 grams of Potassium Chloride, (pure grade, pyrogen free, suitable for dialysis. This is on label). Being on the cautious side with most things, I wonder if someone more knowledgeable could reassure me that this is the stuff we can consume safely. Also, how is it best to consume? as in a salt shaker, or adding 1/4 tsp to a juice, or just dip wet finger as we can do with borax. I have done some searches as to its safety standards for consumption (this is one of them: (Wikipedia) precautions:

Orally it is toxic in excess; the <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LD50>LD<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LD50>50 is around 2500 mg/kg (meaning that a person weighing 75 kg (165 lb) would have to consume about 190 g (6.7 oz); regular <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edible_salt>salt is about as toxic). Intravenously this is reduced to just over 100 mg/kg but of more concern are its severe effects on cardiac <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle>muscles; high doses can cause <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiac_arrest>cardiac arrest and rapid <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death>death. A massive overdose of intravenous potassium chloride is used to stop the heart in <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment>execution by <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lethal_injection>lethal injection.)

The grade I was able to get is pure grade. How does this differ from Potassium Chloride AR (analysing reagent)?

Thanks in advance for your input

Hanneke