Morning Marshall,

>> At 12:21 PM 10/2/2007, you wrote:
I have had ringing in my ears for 40 years, never found anything that helps. CS did nothing.

  I used to have it bad from time to time.

  I think my Cochlear Implant helped some, maybe a lot.

  Possibly other things helped, not sure.

  Loosing weight

  Better Circulation

  Wide Selection of Vitamins and Minerals

  Less Cooked Food

  There is a slight noise with the Cochlear Implant
   ( Speech Processor  )  is turned off.

  When it is in operation, the noise level ( sound pressure )
it provides,  eliminates it all together.

I never expected to hear so good. I can hear a pin drop in a quite office. Also hear some frequencies better than people with normal hearing. Still Can't tell directions.

Once I walked out of my office about 2 AM.

I heard a gunshot.   Stood there a jiffy, and another one.

A few seconds later, a third one.

How could I go investigate ?  I did not know if it was
North, South, East, or West.

Might be a good thing. If I could have told direction, I might have got shot also. But......... I would have been shooting back. <grin>

Wayne