To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2007 9:50 AM
Subject: Re: CS>With all the types of silver.....

wordsjunkie wrote:
*Hi:)*
** *I'm new to the list.*
** *Someone recommended colloidal silver to me for colds and flu, so I fired up the computer and started looking for information.* ** *I've been surfing the net and reading, and I'm probably more confused than I was to begin with.* ** *There is ionic silver, and colloidal silver and clear silver . There's 10ppm that claims it works as well as 500ppm.* ** *There are people who claim patented ways of processing so it's used by the body better.*
** *My head is just spinning!*
** *How the heck do I know what to buy or not to buy? There is so much conflicting information I'm totally lost. Can someone please tell me what kind of silver I can safely take and where to get it at a reasonable price. The prices are outrageous. If it were a whole price of silver like a ring or something I could see them charging the prices they do, but for little particles of silver that you can't see with your naked eye in some filtered water. Give me a break!* ** *So I stumbled over this list and hopefully someone can tell me what's what. Please?*
** *Thank you*
** *Liz*
We recommend making your own, instead of buying it. That way you know what you are getting, and it cost less than $1 a gallon. What is referred to as colloidal silver is what we often call EIS ( electro isolated silver ) here. When made properly it will be crystal clear and will contain about 85% ionic silver, and 15% colloid. Yellow is also ok, but not as good as clear. The maximum that true colloidal silver can be made and stay stable is around 25 ppm. Those who are selling something that they claim is 500 ppm are not selling colloidal silver, or lieing about its concentration. They are likely selling MSP or mild silver protein, which is NOT colloidal silver, and can cause argyria, and is only about 1/50 as effective as true colloidal silver (that is 500 ppm MSP is about as effective as 10 ppm CS ). You might take a look at http://silver-lightning.com/theory.html which is as close to the actual truth as I have been able to get on colloidal silver.

There are a number of good generators that do stirring, current limiting and concentration monitoring available, and members of this group can give recommendations if you want to go that route.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask them here.

Marshall