minnesota... we get lots of bird travel through here, from arctic to s. america. It has not been permanent, and it didn't seem to infect all birds equally- the crows went first, as far as I could see, in our neighborhood. The carcasses were all over the place. There are a few now.

-------------- Original message from Clayton Family <clay...@skypoint.com>: --------------

**** OK -- I think you are referring to Eastern Equine Encephalitis, or Western Equine Encephalitis.  Or perhaps Venezuelan Equine Encephalitis.  EEE and WEE are no concern, because horses like humans are the end host and cannot infect one another.  VEE, on the other hand, is a different type of virus and it is unclear at this time if horses or humans can transmit the disease via mosquitos.  However, there hasn't been an outbreak of VEE since 1995 and it was confined to Texas, I do believe.  Where are you located, Kathryn?  I'm sorry that you lost most of your birds -- that would upset me terribly.  We haven't seen much of that here (Kentucky) -- and I hope we never do.  West Nile seems to be slowing down.  MA