From: Shiona Phillips [mailto:hyasy...@freenetname.co.uk]
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 5:21 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Ionic minerals

Mark Fletcher wrote:

> If this question is off-topic for this list, please let me know (I'm a
> newbie).
> I was wondering what the general consensus is here about ionic mineral
> supplements. Are they useful? I have been taking Concentrace on and
> off for 15 years. I don't feel any more or less nourished when I take
> it or go without it.
> Mark

Hi Mark,

Last year Concentrace was discussed and it appears that several on the
list have tried this product and feel that it benefits them. I've
included a post by Terry which was very informative and also one from
myself which illustrates the differences between seawater products and
"transdermal magnesium chloride oil", which has also been a subject of
discussion here. Magnesium is the main ingredient in Concentrace and
apparently is an extremely beneficial supplement that is particularly
effective if applied "transdermally" to the skin - in baths or with a
body spray.

Niagri (de-hydrated seawater used as the basis for making Tofu) has
recently been suggested as a cheaper substitute for transdermal
magnesium chloride oil, however it appears that Niagri, due to it's
having been de-hydrated, does not contain such a high concentration of
magnesium chloride as the transdermal oil products. However it is a
cheaper alternative and therefore maybe it might also be a cheaper
alternative to Concentrace as a general mineral supplement?

Quote: "According to Quinton, which sells injectable Hypertonic and
Isotonic sea water medical products (approximately $56 per liter and 224
dollars per gallon) sea water which has been subjected to evaporation,
and then to subsequent reconstitution from the resulting dry residue,
does not display the same living qualities as seawater products that are
not dried. This would apply to Nagari magnesium products that are sold
for making tofu."

Shiona

Dee said,
 > At one time I used to buy the so-called colloidal
minerals from Joel Wallach and others. I then read
that these were no good because they are not bio
available in that form, so I started taking
Concentrace. I can't remember why I stopped taking it
but can you tell me why it is better than the
colloidal minerals mentioned? <

The source of Wallachs minerals is from a huge deposit
found in Utah, I believe. On one side of a small
mountain is where they are mined. On the other side is
the mining location owned by the Clark family. I
suspect they are digging these minerals from two sides
of the same huge deposit.

The form of minerals they are extracting from the
ground is called humic shale. It is believed to be the
remains of dinosaurs, trees, plants, etc., that were
buried in earthquake crevasses or sucked into tar
ponds, etc. In other words, the mineral levels and
proportions would be what you would find in a living
organism. The minerals have turned pretty much into
rock again (fossilized), but, when ground up into
powder and then suspended in liquid, they make a
comprehensive source of minerals. Although some folks
claim that these are not the type of minerals our
bodies need (being essentially rock), there is enough
positive evidence to support using them as a possible
mineral supplement (especially if you cannot get
Concetrace).

Concentrace comes from the Great Salt Lake, also in
Utah. The Great Salt Lake is actually a small ocean,
according to the scientists. It is distinctive in that
water flows into this ocean (lakes, streams), but no
water flows out. It does not overflow because the heat
in Utah causes the water to constantly evaporate. The
evaporation causes the water to leave, but the
minerals in the water to remain (Natures
distillation). The water in the Lake is so
concentrated with minerals that, if you were to wade
out into the water as far as you could go, you would
only sink in up to your waste. The water is actually
"thick" with minerals. The minerals come from various
plant matter that washes down from surrounding
vegetation, as well as soil minerals. People travel
from all over the world to bathe in the Great Salt
Lake.

What impressed me about Concentrace (apart from the
much cheaper price), was that the minerals in it are
dissolved minerals, rather than suspended. The Wallach
(and Clark) stuff is artificially suspended, and will
fall out of suspension (you need to shake the bottle).
Concentrace has an infinite shelf life. Plus, the
Clark/Wallach stuff is mixed with flavorings and
sweeteners, which I do not personally want. Just give
me the minerals, please. Concentrace has every mineral
the body needs, over 100, and these minerals are in
the nearly identical proportions to each other as is
found in healthy human blood plasma. Humic shale has
about 80 minerals.

The term, bio-available, refers to how easy to
assimilate a substance is. The minerals found in the
ground, being metallic, must be converted by our
bodies to a form our bodies can use before they are
assimilated and utilized by our bodies. Plants do the
converting for us, by changing the minerals into what
is called a mineral salt (what we call *organic*).
Organic minerals are much more bio-available than
metallic minerals. Dr. Wallach claims his minerals are
organic (because they used to be animals millions of
years ago), and that they are colloidal (because they
have been suspended in liquid). Hmmm.

Having said this, we all know (and Wallach points out)
that those folks in Tibet - the Hunzas? - have amazing
health and longevity. Their water flows down from a
mountain, and the water is cloudy with minerals. These
would be primarily metallic minerals, yet the Hunzas
obviously are benefiting from them. Why could we not
also benefit? We could, and many folks who take the
minerals Wallach sells so testify. But the difference
between the Hunzas and North Americans is that the
Hunzas live in bodies that, because of abounding good
health, are much better able to convert the metallic
minerals they ingest into organic minerals their
bodies can utilize. In other words, they have much,
much better digestive systems than we do. I, on the
other hand, do not. So, for me, to be able to find a
comprehensive source of minerals that are much easier
to assimilate (and much cheaper to buy) is a Godsend.

I have taken large amounts of humic shale-type
minerals in the past, from several different vendors,
but could discern no benefit or affect on myself. But
most of my clients tell me that they experience a
tangible difference within 24 hours of taking
Concentrace (usually improved digestion/elimination).
One woman with four kids buys it by the gallon from me
and sneaks it into everything she can in their diet.
She is absolutely convinced that she and her kids have
much better health because of it.

An 8-oz/240 ml bottle is a 3-month supply for one
person, costing $30 from me, less if you find a HF
store that carries it. A 3-month supply of the Wallach
stuff will cost you at least $60, plus shipping.

Terry Chamberlin

Teri Johnston wrote:

> At 05:20 PM 9/29/2007, you wrote:
>
>> Since Concentrace feels oily and both magnesium and chloride are
>> listed as present, can I assume that this product is mostly magnesium
>> oil??? tia pj Anybody know for sure, for sure???
>

> Shirley,
>
> I have concentrace here along with the Magnesium oil and yes they do
> feel similar. But the Magnesium Oil does not list all contents? But
> that said I see many of the same things listed on both products. My
> guess is they are very similar but one is for internal use and the
> other for skin use??
>
> Hoping someone else will answer what is now both of our question?

Hi,

There certainly does appear to be a big similarity between the products
as both derive from seawater brine. (BTW I've been taking Concentrace
for a few months now and have definately noticed the effects showing by
the improvement in my fingernails which are much stronger than before).

Here's how Dr Sircus's website describes the seawater Magnesium Oil
product that he recommends.

http://www.magnesiumforlife.com/productinformation.shtml

Product Information

The International Medical Veritas Association highly recommends that
magnesium chloride be taken in the most natural form available. In
keeping with this recommendation, we have found that magnesium chloride
taken from the ocean is superior to manufactured magnesium chloride. The
manufacturing processes, which yields a crystal or powdered product,
usually involves the use of hydrochloric acid.

The reasons for a preference for natural sources for magnesium chloride
are abundant but the most essential reasons are as follows:

. The Magnesium Oil we will refer you to is considerably less toxic in
terms of heavy metals than industrial fabricated products.

. The magnesium oil that we will refer you to is considerably more
concentrated than all the other products we have investigated. There is
approximately twice as much elemental magnesium as in magnesium oils
that are created from magnesium chloride powder or crystal, thus making
the products we recommend more cost effective and more therapeutically
active.

. Magnesium products from the ocean have certain properties that cannot
be replicated in a manufacturing process. The Sea has all ninety two
known minerals, and in the exact proportion to human blood. One of
Hawaii's fastest-growing exports is seawater. Super-cold water sucked up
from thousands of feet below the Pacific Ocean's surface is being
marketed as healthy, pure, mineral-rich drinking water. Japanese
consumers are paying top dollar for desalinated Hawaiian deep-sea water
being marketed as a dietary supplement that aids weight loss, stress
reduction, skin tone and digestion. A two-ounce bottle of Hawaii Deep
Marine's Kona Nigari seawater mineral concentrate (to mix with regular
water) sell for $33.50 ($2,144 a gallon) reported USA Today.[i] And 1.5
liter bottles of desalinated seawater sells for between $4 to $6 each in
Japan and Korea.

. According to Quinton, which sells injectable Hypertonic and Isotonic
sea water medical products (approximately $56 per liter and 224 dollars
per gallon) sea water which has been subjected to evaporation, and then
to subsequent reconstitution from the resulting dry residue, does not
display the same living qualities as seawater products that are not
dried. This would apply to Nagari magnesium products that are sold for
making tofu.

. In general the above seawater products are not concentrates of
magnesium chloride but offer a full balance of minerals and trace
elements. The Magnesium Oil the IMVA recommends is between 30-35%
magnesium chloride by weight. The magnesium in this magnesium "oil"
(there is no oil but magnesium chloride at this concentration yields an
oily feel to the product) is not Magnesium Chloride hexahydrate
(MgCl2-6H20) mixed with distilled water. In each gallon there are four
pounds of completely natural magnesium chloride (6H20 not included)
which means there are 3319 milligrams of elemental magnesium in each
ounce and approximately 18 milligrams in each spray. The International
Medical Veritas Association recommends this natural form of Magnesium
Oil because of its strength, purity, price and versatility of use. (It
can be used as a mouthwash, for sports and sport injuries and even as a
beauty aid for the skin and hair.) Please contact us for more
information on sources and prices. The International Medical Veritas
Association can make this available to you at significantly discounted
and affordable prices. Send your inquiries to: direc...@imva.info

Shiona